Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to take this time to pay a tribute to my wonderful wonderful Mother. Although she isn't here with us she has influenced my life forever. Now that I'm a mother myself I wish I could tell my mom how much I appreciated all the things she did for me as a child. Motherhood is by far more work than I ever imagined. It's hard for me to believe that it's been three years this memorial day that we lost our mom. I still find myself wanting to call her and ask her questions, or just to tell her the funny things that happens day to day. When I'm sick I just want to go home and have her take care of me, because nobody makes things better than your mom.

I remember one mother's day the night before I was so sick that my mom took me to the emergency room. We were there until the wee hours of the morning, and not once did she murmur, but her being a nurse she did speed up the fluids they were putting into me so we could get out of there. I felt so bad because she was so exhausted on mother's day.

I've spent the last two mother's day putting a smile on my face when really there was just sadness in my heart. I don't think my mom would want me to be sad. I think she would want us to celebrate all the good things she did. I found myself looking at my little baby and kissing her cheeks. I sat and cried thinking they had recently been kissed by my angel....my mom. What a miracle it is. Although she hasn't been here with my kids I know they had their time with her in Heaven. I hope she taught them all the good things that she did, and how to be a better person. How to believe in themselves no matter what. She always had a way of making you feel like you are on top of the world. My mom was my nurse, cheerleader, and best friend. I miss you mom!! Thanks for helping me become the person that I am today.

I Love you to the moon and back!! xoxoxo



10 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

Oh, Charlyn. I shouldn't have done my makeup before looking at blogs this morning. What a special tribute you wrote for your mom. But, it's so great that love never dies and that people can live forever in our memories. I'm sure she's smiling down on you and is so proud of the mother you are.

Laraine H. said...

So sweet Charlyn. Im sure she is your angel, and I love your way of describing the LOVE that never ends from a mother.

Arah Debra said...

That was beautiful Charlyn! It's amazing to think of the time your children were able to share with her. And I know she will always watch over all of you.

Hillarie said...

Hey Charlyn! I got your message on my blog..it was good to hear from you! YOur family is adorable! Yes I do have a 7 year old and I cant believe it sometimes either! Hope things are well and it was good to hear from you! It is fun to see everyone's blogs and catch up! Hillarie

Ashlee said...

I cant stop crying! I adored your mom and have so many good memories of her. It's sad for me to think of how much she's missing and that she's not here to see what a great mother you've become. Somehow I'm sure she know's and I have no doubt she knows your kids well. They will be better for the time they spent with her. I hope there will come a time when Mother's Day isn't sad for you. You're a very strong person and I so admire your attitude!

Jessica said...

That was a beautiful tribute. I need to go fix my make-up now.

Katie said...

I miss her so much too. I cannot wait until we get to see our sweet moms again, it will be such a great day. I love you.

Sweet As Candi said...

As I read your tribute to your Mom, I could see her giving your kids tons of kisses all over before she sent them down. She was such a wonderful person and I can't wait to see her again.

Ines said...

I'm sitting here bawling right now. What a wonderful person your mom was (is). I'm sure she's watching over you.

Sonja said...

That was so beautiful Charlyn. I'm sure mothers day is a bitter sweet time for you. You are so strong and such an amazing mom. Your mom must be so proud of you. What a comfort it must be to hold your baby girl knowing she was just recently held and kissed by your mother. Thanks for sharing this!