Monday, February 18, 2008

Play Date

Last week Warner had his first play date. There are a set of twins a month older than Warner that just live up the street. We traded days to take each others kids. I took her twins and 4 year old last week and she took Warner today. So far it's been working out, and the kids love it.


Although have no desire to have twins. It was such a nice day, so we decided to get our coats on and go for a little walk around the block. Needless to say to get all 4 of them in coats it took me 30 mins. We walked down the street holding hands. As we turned the corner there was a puddle that Warner of course had to splash in. Grady, one of the twins was not about to get wet so he tried going over the puddle. Tried I say, because he landed right in the puddle, and was soaked from head to toe. So our nice walk took us 5 mins. before we had to turn around and come back.
Lunch time!! These twins are really scheduled. Right at 11:00 they were up to the counter waiting for lunch. Guess I should work on that with Warner. Maybe then he would eat more than his chips!

6 comments:

Laraine H. said...

Good Job Charlyn! No, I mean really (not just for letting the boy fall in the puddle). I'm familiar with the 30min coat thing so I understand. You are the cutest mom :)

Shortcake and Company said...

Goodness! That was a play date--to go from 1 to 4 is a jump! I love the story about the puddle--that's hilarious!

Ashlee said...

You are so brave! Jace has a little friend across the street that comes over ocassionally, and that's about all I can handle! You're such a good sport!

Arah Debra said...

Way to go! It's looks like you're definitely ready for your next one.

Sonja said...

You are a good sport and very brave! I don't know if I could do it. I guess that's why you get one at a time. You're so great! Oh and I'd LOVE to come speak to your YW! you let me know when and we'll see what we can arrange. I'd love to come see you and your new house too!

Angee said...

You sound like me. Willing to have anyone or anything come and play with your little one. I have done that many times. Lilly is 41/2 and was an only for 31/2 years. She needed company. I needed someone else to focus on. It makes life fun and interesting and next week you can drive away and know your 1 cannot be as hard as their 3 and not feel guilty one bit if yours does something naughty at your neighbors house. Love your posts.