Thursday, April 24, 2008

What was I thinking




So yesterday was a pretty big day for us. When Warner woke up around 8:00AM I asked him if he wanted to wear his big boy Shrek undies. Warner says ya ya ya momma!! He was so excited. So off we started our first day of potty training. I hadn't read much about potty training, but had many mothers tell me about Dr. Phil's method. So I took some of that advice and went for it. Loaded Warner up with lots of fluid. We sat down on the toilet and he went. He did it yeah!!! So we wait 15 more mins and I take him back to the toilet. Nope momma....he doesn't have to go. So back to watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. Then a moment later, "mom" he says!! I walk over to find that he has went on the carpet. So I clean that up. Take him back to the toilet to make sure he doesn't have more. Then I move on to feeding the baby. Another 15 mins. goes by and we go back to the toilet and nothing. Needless to say our next accident was on the couch, then the kitchen chair, the next time I take him to the toilet out falls all the poop. Then as I'm feeding the baby he sits on his little toilet and is doing it. He is going potty. Mom is having a party!!!! Then he stands up and the plastic bowl was suctioned to his little bum and he runs over to the party and the bowl falls off his bum and there goes all the pee onto the carpet. This is all in 45 mins. time. I was just dripping sweat head to toe running from feeding baby to cleaning up pee. By 4:30 yesterday we were back in a diaper. I think we will wait till this little baby isn't eating every 2 hrs, so mom can focus more on the potty training. I just wonder why I haven't heard more moms complaining about potty training. Maybe it's just my attitude, but personally there was nothing fun about this day. I may look back on it and laugh, but for now I'm exhausted!! Way to go moms that can potty train in 24 hrs. Dr. Phil's way. I'm hoping I can do it within a year!!!


Oh, and for those of you wondering why the undies are on backwards....Mr. Independent wanted them that way so Shrek could be up front so he could see him, and don't forget to pee on him ;)

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is too cute! I have not started the potty training with Jack yet. Ugh! I hope you have better luck in the future!

Janell said...

When we were training Porter, a camping trip was great for us because we told him he could pee in the jungle! He thought it was exciting and we ended up making progress. However, we should have encouraged this with caution because some days, we found him peeing EVERYWHERE outside - he even attempted to pee in a parking lot when we were shopping one day.

Carebear said...

Hahaha! That is so funny and so very very true. I think potty training must be the bane of every mother's existence. When you decide to take the step down the road, good luck to you! I don't think it matters how many times you potty train, it's always hard.

Ashlee said...

I think that just might be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! I HATED potty training! Jace was 3 when Jonathan finally had had enough of my half-..... way of trying so he trained him over the weekend. He was SO ready, so it wasn't too bad. I agree that you should wait- you've got enough on your plate!

Sara said...

That is funny! What a crazy day you had. I hated potty training. It was so hard. I waited until Brighton was 3 until I even started. It took us 6 months until he finally got it. Good Luck! Those boys sure can be stuborn.

Laraine H. said...

How crazy, I love your description of the "potty training day". You are very patient. We are potty training too, FUN! My method worked well for me, (has in the past), so if you want to try it out I'd be glad to share. Until then, happy mothering ;)

Shortcake and Company said...

Okay...I'm laughing out loud! That seriously is a funny and crappy day of events. ;) We've started getting Ainsley interested in wearing big girl panties but that's as far as we've gone. She's just seriously not interested. But, I hope all goes better with Warner when you're both ready.

Arah Debra said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! I was told by everyone I knew with boys that you just have to wait till they're ready. Gavin was almost 3, but very easy.

Susie said...

Well at least the Poop went in the potty & saved you a diaper change! I would call that success. I trained both my boys just a few months before turning 3, and it was a completely different experience with both of them, different issues. When I had Isaac, Max was 4 and suddenly was no longer potty trained! It was crazy, he'd been trained for a year and half! Good times. You're smarter than me though I didn't think to read a book or anything. Good Luck!

ciara said...

Hi Charlyn. Its Ciara. (Im Stacias hopefully soon to be sister in law!!) Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. Im so happy that Sam and Stacia are together also. Sam is VERY happy as well. Its so fun to see him act the way he does-he's so in love!!! Im sure Stacia told you the story about us getting them together, it was crazy how it all worked out so fast!!!! We are so happy to have Stacia around-she is the best thing that has ever happend to Sam!!! I love it!! Hopefully its permanent!! Thanks again! Talk to ya later!

Andie Kae said...

i think to will get him potty trained