Thursday, April 3, 2008

The first big outing!


So it's been two weeks since Abbi was born, and pretty much since we left the house. Today we experienced our first big outing which was to our two week check up. I woke up today with pink eye...yuck. It took me from 8:30 this morning until 1:00 to get out the door. What a challenge it is to get two kids out the door...wow. I was hoping that Abbi would have gained weight at her appointment, that would mean that breast feeding was actually working out. Needless to say, it's not. She only weighed 7 lbs. 5 0z. :( So now we are supplementing with a bottle. I feel bad that she has been starving to death and I didn't even know it. The funny thing is she is so content, and doesn't act like she is still starving after feeding her. My Dr. said I must be feeding her skim milk...haha. Then he goes on to tell me she has a click in her hip? A click in her hip? I've never heard of that. He said there is a click, a clump and one more which I don't remember. He said the click is when he stretches her legs her hip clicks. So now we have to wear a double diaper that acts as a cast. Luckily most kids will grow out of it. Thank goodness it wasn't the clump...that would mean her hip was dislocating. Anyhow....all was well but by the time we got home we were all tuckered out. This is how Ryan found us when he got home from work. I had just woken up about 20 mins. earlier. Hopefully we will be able to get into a better schedule so it's not a half a day just to get out of the house!

8 comments:

Sweet As Candi said...

I had forgotten until I read your blog but we had to do the double diaper thing with Lilli. She did grow out of it. I don't remember how long it took. You look like the great Mom that you are in this picture. I remember how hard it is at first with a new baby, but as time goes on I couldn't remember the time that they were not their. I hope that make sense.

Laraine H. said...

How Cute! I guess I remember those days? I don't know if I've ever got out of them actually. It still takes us forever to get everyone in order just to go somewhere. I LOVE it! At least Im not the only one.

Rachelle Carling said...

Charlyn, it's Chelsey's little sister, Rachelle. I just wanted to CONGRATULATE you on your cute little baby girl. She is adorable! How fun to have a boy and a girl. I think that is perfect. You'll get the schedule figured out with no sweat. You already are such a good mom and it shows. Take care, Rachelle

Jessica said...

You deserve the break! It's hard with two or more kids! She is adorable.

Shortcake and Company said...

Oh gosh...I remember the first days when Ainsley was born. It seemed like it took me forever to do anything. But, I also loved this time when your baby would cuddle on your chest and sleep forever. You still look like your beaming. You look great!!

Ashlee said...

What a cute picture- frame it! I don't remember a time it DIDNT take forever to get out the door, it just took forever to get myself ready instead of my kids- ha! ha! You remember those days, don't you???

Katie said...

I am so happy to see that you are doing well despite the fact that it takes so long to get out the door!!

Laraine H. said...

HEY CUTE MOM! I know I already commented, but I still think that is a great pic. Also, that is so sweet of you to link my "etsy" pendants on your blog...I have some cute upcoming stuff to list so check back.