Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5 years today

(Me and my mom at Phantom of the Opera 2004)
Today marks the fifth year that my mom has been gone. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday, but in my heart she's been gone way to long. I still have days that I just want to pick up the phone to tell her the funny things that have happened. I miss her so much. I know that she is so proud of me and my little family. I often think about what she would've thought of my children. I wish they could have known her. I hope I do the best I can to teach my children all the wonderful things that she did.
Warner, I want you to know the special things about you that grandma would have loved. She would love how you are so eager to make your bed! Grandma loved her bed made. That was the only thing she wanted done in the house before she got home from work. Grandpa went to work after her and he wouldn't make the bed. So that was our job. She would be so proud of how you take care of your sisters. Your grandma was a nurse and took care of people. You have that same quality. If she were here she would be making you octopus hot dogs, give you bubble kisses with your 7-up. She'd have you over for sleep overs and buy you a grab bag at Johnny's and you'd sleep in her bed and watch movies all night long. Your grandma was so special.
Abbi, if grandma were her she would get a kick out of what a spit fire you are. She would love your feisty personality. Grandma had a lot of spit fire in her. She was the sweetest women with a lot of flare! She would love how you took care of your babies, it is exactly how she would take care of you. She'd love to share butterfly kisses with you as you snuggled on the couch watching Elmo. If she were here she would love to watch you do your twinkle toe dances, as a matter of fact she would dance with you. She would look for birds out the back window and sing the red red robin song to you. She also loved to sing "I love you, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck".
Sophie Lorraine, what can I say. If grandma were here she would be kissing on those precious cheeks of yours. She would love how you ooze sweetness. She would put you on her leg and and give you a ride. She'd sing the song she sang to her other grandchildren. I wish I could remember it. She would lay in her bed and make up stories to you. As you got sleepy she would put her sleepy dust in your eyes and you would fall asleep. It worked on all the other kids. She loved all babies and I know she would've loved you.
There is so much more to tell you and so much more I want you to know. Your grandma was so special to me. I miss her and love her to the moon and back.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a sweet tribute to your mother! She is a wonderful person and is missed by all of us. I love you! xoxoxoxo

Ines said...

Thanks for the nice cry. What a great post to remember your mom by. It has only been about 2 months since my mom passed away, and I miss her more each day.