Monday, March 22, 2010

13.1

That's right 13.1 and I couldn't be more proud. On Saturday Ryan, Myself, my sister Kristie and Friend Ashlie ran the Moab half marathon. Ryan gets us going on these things! This is my first half marathon since I've been married, so that makes it over 5 years. I was so nervous, but felt more prepared than when I ran it the first time. While training for this run Ryan gave me the idea to dedicate each mile to someone or something and think about that person or thing while running that mile. The first two miles I ran with Kristie and we talked about our kids and giving birth to them. After that I couldn't keep Kristie's pace, so I let her run ahead. I kept going with this little game for awhile. About mile nine my knee was giving me so much grief. I didn't want to give up with the big hill approaching me!! So I ran up the hill and then ended up walking the last three miles. I was bummed that I couldn't finish strong, but I was glad that I finished. It was so enjoyable getting to reflect on so many different things. I dedicated the last 13.1 mile to my mom. She always believed that I could do hard things, and she endured many hard things, so I gave her that mile. Needless to say I cried myself to the finish line partly because I was in pain, and mostly because I thought about my mom. Thanks Ryan for planning and organizing and keeping me motivated. I'm looking forward to our next big run together! It's been fun making this part of our lives.

4 comments:

Sara said...

sniff, sniff. good job. what a great accomplishment for all of you guys. i am proud of you.

Bree said...

wow, way to go!!! You are such an inspriation, and an awesome person! I'm so sure that your mom is so proud of you! :)

The Eborn Family said...

Congrats! Good Job All of You!

Ines said...

You're my heroes!