Sunday, November 15, 2009

A name and a blessing

On November 1st our sweet Sophie received a name and a blessing. What a special day this is. Ryan gave her a beautiful blessing. I only wish I had my grandmother's talent of short hand to write it all down. We are so happy this special spirit has become part of our family. We love her so much. We are thankful for all the love and support we have been given. For the many who traveled far to be here, thank you. Sweet Sophie Lorraine
Ryan and I with Sophie

Lynzie and Kristie


Ryan's old roommate Ray and Sophie's uncle Joe

Grandpa Warner with Sophie

Ryan, Great Grandma Roberts and Grandpa Roberts (Grandma Roberts was home sick with the flu.....but there in spirit)
After everyone had gone home I had a moment to sit on the couch and just hold and love on my baby. As I was holding her she was looking else where and just smiling and talking. She only does this if someone is talking to her. I had a over whelming feeling that her grandma Lorraine was there with us. What a perfect day!!






3 comments:

Sweet As Candi said...

She is beautiful! About wanting Grandma here to do shorthand, Matt has come up with his own style of shorthand, his iphone. I am not sure if this is legal but he has it in his pocket recording as the blessing is being said. Like I said, I am not sure if it is legal but it works.

And by the way, you should have Warner come help harvest pumpkins next year.

marci said...

She is beautiful!!! Blessing days are so fun!

Shortcake and Company said...

Oh I'm so glad her special day was just that...special. And I'm happy you were able to feel your mom's spirit too. Those are our Heavenly Father's sweet, tender mercies.