Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some after pictures of the house

Finally I am getting back into blogging, so hopefully you don't get overloaded with all the new post today. These are some of the pictures that were showing in the before pictures, so I thought I'd post the after. This is the master bedroom. I painted the walls and also all that wood. I wouldn't have done the wood in this room if my dear friend Stacia hadn't come to help me. After painting all the wood downstairs I just didn't feel up to it. In the long run I'm glad that we did it and that it's over with. That wood was such a pain to paint.
Yeah!!! No more green carpet and the ceiling finally looks normal. I don't have a great picture showing the difference in the ceiling. I guess you'll just have to come and see for yourselves ;) We still are a little under construction as you can see the box and cords all over the place!! One day at a time!

Here is the kitchen. The before pictures showed it with just the wood. I really didn't like that wood if you can tell. My dad and I painted this room. It took us an entire day. I still need a little help with decorating walls, but it's coming along!


4 comments:

Arah Debra said...

That looks like a lot of work. But aren't you proud of yourself now? It looks great!!

Shortcake and Company said...

Your house is beautiful!! I loved the bead board that you painted white--what a difference. As for decorating the walls, have you heard of UpperCase Living? They make the cutest vinyl lettering for your walls. My sister, Tiff, sells them if you want any information.

Sara said...

I can't blieve how different the dinning room looks, now. WOW! Your new home looks very nice. I hope someday I'll make it to Salina to see it in person.

Sonja said...

VERY beautiful Charlyn. I know that must have been soo much work but so worth it. What a great home!