Saturday, September 20, 2008

Results from the hunt




This is a warning...if you don't like looking at dead animals don't continue looking!! This year Ryan drew out on a pretty privileged elk hunt on the convented Fillmore Pahvant range. He was so excited. He's spent about the last three to four months looking for the perfect elk. He had SOOOOO much help that he is so grateful for. Between his dad, my dad, brother Ty, new found friends Jamin, Duke, Kade the list goes on and on helped to make his hunt successful. This isn't the exact elk that he wanted, but it was a pretty one. It's about a 360 whatever that means. All I know is the sucker was HUGE!!! We are so glad that he had so much fun and is finally home. Jamin and Ryan after he shot his elk!
The family minus Abbi at the taxidermy. I was so sicked out by the floor I wouldn't let Warner walk on it cause he didn't have shoes on. Plus I had to tuck my pants into my shoes to make sure there was no trace of blood on them ;)


Ryan and his dad admiring the elk

We went up the opening weekend to just hang out. Here's Abbi just enjoying her freedom in the great outdoors.


Warner and his pet lizard that slowly made his way out of the cup onto the table. Boys!!





5 comments:

Randi said...

Wow, that's great! I'm sure you hubby is so excited! So, the question remains...are you going to let him hang the head in your house? ;) If you are anything like Dave and I we have an ongoing debate about this. I say, NO WAY, at least not until we build again and he can have his one "man room". Luckily, so far, he hasn't shot anything (hasn't actually gone hunting in years either) so I'm winning! I'm sure you are happy to have him home, regardless.

Unknown said...

So to answer your question Randi....I think i'm winning. He said he was going to put it above our bed. I said it will be above the bed with his next wife then. So we have agreed on the unfinished basement, and if it ever gets finished hopefully we will have a garage to put it in!!

David said...

Awesome!

marci said...

ewwwwwwwww! You are a good wife to support a hunting husband! I don't know what I would do if Al came home with a huge elk or something... my brother in law loves to hunt and his wife helps him grind up all the meat- I don't think I could do that!

Unknown said...

I have to side with Ryan on this one. Nothing says class like a big Elk on the wall. You should see my Couger rug.

But the best part of an Elk is the meat. It's way better than beef or deer meat.