Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mile fun run??

During Homecoming week the cross country team put on a race for all the schools. When they sent the letter home and I read it to Warner, there was no way he was going to miss it. He wanted to run a race like his dad!!! His dad had been training for the St. George Marathon, so there had been lots of running going on around here! Warner and his friend Bregan on the bus ride to their start line!



I'll admit it.....I followed the bus to the start line, and followed the crowd as far as I could go. If I had 4 wheel drive I may have taken the trail too! After all the 1 mile run we did this summer was a disaster, so I was nervous for my little guy. Right as the trail started he tripped and fell down. I knew he would come and get in with me, but he proved me wrong. He got up and kept on running!!! Go buddy!




On your marks.......get set.........and RUN


I was so proud of him for finishing. Bregan brother waited for both Warner and Breagan as they were the last ones running in. I was so relieved. I thought I was going to have to chase up the trail with the little girls in hand. But, once again Warner proved me wrong. He finished and that's all I could ask for. There weren't many kindergartners that came out for the run. He deserved a medal just for that!!!!









No comments: