Friday, August 27, 2010

Why oh Why?


I'm documenting today as a reminder why not to leave the house and drive in the car with three kids for two hours straight for the second time in one week!! This morning I hear Warner in his room yelling "mom what are we doing today"? That's the question he asks almost each morning. He is my child and likes to be on the go. I had talked to my sister about going up to IKEA to look for some organizing shelves. So we hopped out of bed, got our chocolate milk, baths, and off we went. Usually the kids are pretty good. I mean for no TV and 2 hours of driving they do VERY good. Today was the exception. About at Mona Warner is crying that his belly is killing him. He usually does this when he wants a soda. I wasn't giving in and pulling over. Until we hit Payson and he was doubled over like he was in the world worst pain. I gave in and rushed all THREE kids to the gas station. Warner's stomach pains almost immediately went away....imagine that! As luck would have it Sophie just messed her pants. As I'm in the bathroom trying to change her pants Abbi starts crawling under the stalls. Sick, sick sick!!! Then I see Abbi come out of a stall and a lady follow her. As I try to apologize the lady won't even look my way, she is disgusted. I'm still trying to get Sophie changed as Abbi runs out of the bathroom. I send my four year old after her. As I get out side I hear Warner yelling "will you please get my sister for me"? OH MY where is she? She is in the Wendy's kitchen with the cooks. I could have died. I grab her by the arm and drag her out to the car pinching her arm the entire way. She is screaming OUCH the entire time, but I don't care....I've had it. I know....I'm a bad mom, but her arm is fine. I know the cashiers were worried about my children's well being as they came outside to "wash the window" while I load the kids back into the van. Honestly.....today is one of those days I should have stayed in bed. I always want to remember today...the next time Warner asks what are we doing today? I now know how to answer him!

4 comments:

Ines said...

Maybe not fun for you, but I laughed the whole time I was reading this!

mason said...

LOL! I love it! I can just see it right now!!! Abbie kills me!

Janell said...

Is it bad, that your bad day made me giggle? I totally understand because the last time I drove back to Vernal, I got home and told Nick I was never traveling without him again!

Randi said...

Oh, Charlyn!! I have SOOO been there. Even the pinching arm thing! You aren't a bad mom, I swear we all have those kind of days, esp when our kids are little. I tell Dave all the time that I swear my kids were put on this Earth to humiliate me on a daily basis...I am sure it's to teach me patience and tolerance, but I find I am often humiliated, esp when the people around me are so appalled at their behavior! Lol. It does get easier the older they are, tho. But the issues just get harder. After #3, I just quit taking my kids anywhere unless I absolutely had to. I still to this day do my grocery shopping at night then Dave is home and the kids are in bed!