Friday, January 9, 2009

Picnic time!

On Christmas eve we were looking through a room at my parents house and came across this original Charlie Brown lunch box. My sisters and I were fighting over whose it was. I just KNEW it was mine, as they knew it was theirs. When we opened it it had MY name inside. YEAH!! And the mug that goes with it. Warner fell in love with my childhood lunch box. He's been dying to have a picnic with it. So why not today? He got his blanket all set up and I turned on a movie. He had his lunch delivered to him. You can see he was proud as punch to open it.
We are only in the beginning of January and running out of things to do. I'm sure there will be plenty more picnics to come!

7 comments:

Ines said...

I'm so happy for you that you've found such a treasure. How fun for your kids!

Roberts blog said...

I was hoping you were going to end up with that cute lunchbox. I didn't save anything from my childhood, and I wish so badly I would've. On e-bay the other day I found a plastic charm bracelet just like one I had as a little girl. I almost started to cry.
p.s. I hope you are feeling Ok. I am a big advocate of taking naps; you must be so tired...#3 for me was a doosey.

marci said...

I absolutely LOVE the old-school lunchbox!!!! What a cute mom you are!

Shortcake and Company said...

Indoor picnics are the best! What a fun momma you are! And, there's something fun about our childhood items. I think I had a Muppets lunchbox.

Laraine H. said...

Warner is just such a cutie. I love the 3 yr old stage where even a indoor picnic on a blanket is an outing for them. LOVE IT. Even better when it's his mom's old lunch box ;)

Randi said...

Such a fun mom you are! Too cute!

Arah Debra said...

Lucky boy to get his mama's lunch box. That's a pretty sweet lunch box too.